I'm just some guy floating around in space on this Blue Marble with the rest of you.

 
Web presidentoor.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Promises

Yes, well I promised I would harp on Democrats and I will, tomorrow.... :)

Though I have learned some interesting things about my last name. Which if you couldn't guess was Toor.

Barring any translational errors, there appears to be a quite diverse variety of Toor's.

For example there are German Toor's or rather "van Toor." There are Muslim Toor's as well and they don't even live anywhere close to India (this is to disassociate one from the fact that there are Muslims in India). Then there are Hindu Toor's. Finally there are Sikh Toor's like myself. To top it all off there is a Frances Toor, a reporter and author (btw I think she is Latin).

What does it all mean, where did we all come from, do we all share the same last name because that's how it happens to translate into English? Interesting stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home